…where our party meets all kind of crazy monsters. The Monastery does its best to keep some tension in the air. So we’re showing off some slick fleeing and “salami” tactics in this one.
Of course also getting all the nice items in the Monastery by breaking the glass, including a very often overlooked and powerful cloak (+2 AC +5 Senses).
Monsters featuring: Metallic Slimes, Poison Seekers (Level 8 what the…?!) 🙂
Story featuring: A robotic messenger of the Cosmic Lords and Phoonzang and his dark counterpart.
Will we finally get out?
Have fun watching & gaming
Hi guys – for your convenience I’ve now made a playlist of the speedrun so you can just watch and chill if you’re in the mood!
I’ll update the Playlist as I upload Videos, so if you want, you can just check that link from time to time and follow the game like that 🙂
Have fun gaming
…where our heroes meet many new monsters: Small Spiders, Pustulant Slimes, and an overwhelming amount of Seekers: So you get to see “hit and run” tactics live. (As I don’t want to cheesily try and reload.)
Also: The Safe bearing more precious Resurrection Powder.
Anything you want explained? Just ask – I’ll answer 🙂
See you next time – have fun gaming!
…where we are in desperate need of opponents to level our girls up to 6! Who doesn’t want 6?
But when we find them, we’ll find plenty!
Tactics against many ranged opponents in enclosed areas – done easy 🙂
We also encounter a new type of opponents: Seekers – devious two-legged reptiles spitting dangerous spittle at us. And we even meet a party of them (6) which would be pretty dangerous if you’d face them head on. But we… see for yourself! (Or read soon).
Also: Me arguing with myself if it’s already time for Gregor K., the giant bug blocking our progress (it is not… yet!).
Have fun gaming,
In the 2nd Video we learned three things:
You will massively improve the combat abilities of your party if you
- Attack the opponent with the lowest hitpoints first (if all opponents are similar)
- Maneuver your party into edges or doorways to make the opponents come to you one by one.
- Distribute items like healing pots to the people who will most likely need them in the coming combats.
Also, a good start for an optimal tactical structure is this:
Key elements of these tactics:
- leave the front row open
- put your melee fighters in the left / middle / right places with the most sturdy ones left and right as they are most exposed
- put people with long range melee weapons in the middle, as they can attack left / right and middle then – short range melee weapon wielders would only be able to attack the middle then
- put your sturdy short range melee guys left / right, so they can at least attack on one side + at the middle
- put your more fragile characters like mages, rangers, or a gadgeteer in the back
See you soon with another video, happy gaming to you!
…where the party experiences a massive slaughtering of lots of rats, bats and slimes in the lower parts of the Monastery (and avoids getting slaughtered – yet) and all of the girls (and the guy) gain massive experience (and thus level up).
Also: A live introduction to basic Wizardry 8 tactics.
It might need some time still as YouTube Servers seem to not react quickly atm. Some re-production will also be done later because of that delay.
Have fun and hopefully see you around!
If you have any suggestions for me to try or to explain – write a comment anywhere on the Thoughtful Gaming pages.