In the 2nd Video we learned three things:
You will massively improve the combat abilities of your party if you
- Attack the opponent with the lowest hitpoints first (if all opponents are similar)
- Maneuver your party into edges or doorways to make the opponents come to you one by one.
- Distribute items like healing pots to the people who will most likely need them in the coming combats.
Also, a good start for an optimal tactical structure is this:
Key elements of these tactics:
- leave the front row open
- put your melee fighters in the left / middle / right places with the most sturdy ones left and right as they are most exposed
- put people with long range melee weapons in the middle, as they can attack left / right and middle then – short range melee weapon wielders would only be able to attack the middle then
- put your sturdy short range melee guys left / right, so they can at least attack on one side + at the middle
- put your more fragile characters like mages, rangers, or a gadgeteer in the back
See you soon with another video, happy gaming to you!