As for our 8-legged friends we encountered in the Monastery, that’s how to get rid of them:
- Small Spider (level 4 usually)
They have pretty low hp but are usually encountered in groups. Good to meet them though as they are easily disposed of – if they are alone and don’t have other monsters to help them.
You can just give them any damage and they will die quickly. If there are other mobs, by all means kill the spiders. They will ranged-attack you and have a high chance of paralyzing your party. So: While harmless if they’re your only opponents they are a menace if you have some high hp opponents to accompany them.
- Wolf Spider (level 6 usually)
Low hitpoints, great XP. Don’t run from them if they are alone, you’ll be able to kill them with any party. If you have problems getting damage done, try to lure them to an edge and a doorway to avoid being constantly paralyzed.
That said, as with the small spiders: Beware of other monsters adding up. This will be dangerous.
See you around,
Happy gaming for you!
…where our heroes meet many new monsters: Small Spiders, Pustulant Slimes, and an overwhelming amount of Seekers: So you get to see “hit and run” tactics live. (As I don’t want to cheesily try and reload.)
Also: The Safe bearing more precious Resurrection Powder.
Anything you want explained? Just ask – I’ll answer 🙂
See you next time – have fun gaming!
The Menace of the Monastery needs to be beaten to continue to the next “zone” there. It is
- Gregor, the Giant BugYou can usually choose the fight. The tunnel from the room of King Crab leads up to his room. How he got there or who put him there is not known. But sure thing: He has killed many, and eaten plenty, to get to this prodigous size.
So how to beat him? Easily! Of course. You need to pick the fight when you’re ready. You shouldn’t have party members much lower than 30 hp. Your party needs to be fully healed and have all Scrolls or Potions put to their respective users in fight. It pays to use everything you have, especially if you’re not sure if your party has enough damage to cope with him.
You need to kill him quickly. The longer the fight lasts, the higher is the possibility of getting affected by his special effects: Blind, Poison, Unconsciousness, Paralyze. All pretty bad. An affected character can be one-rounded by him, even if fully healed.
You will need to heal once you reach 20 hitpoints with a character, because he can, and will, one-round you otherwise pretty often. He is melee, so let him come to you until you start beating and firing on him. Don’t hold back – if you can, use a Scroll of Haste (which you have a high probability to find) to speed your party’s attacks up a bit, especially if you have a Samurai with you as I had. Lightning Strikes will say “Goodbye Gregor” like no other.
If you don’t have specialized spellcasters, don’t waste your time trying to put control spells like Paralyze or Fear on him: They won’t work.
Keep beating down on him and he will eventually fall. Your party should at least be Level 5 for you to try Gregor for a serious attempt on higher difficulties. And even if you are not the “reload” kind of guy, it pays to save your game before the fight. I didn’t, in the playthrough, though 🙂
Have fun beating the “Boss” of the Monastery, the most difficult single encounter here.
- More Monsters: Languid Slime, usually Level 2-3, few hp. Try to kill these from a distance, and quickly. They have single digit hitpoints and are usually addon spawns of more dangerous opponents – but the special effects on their ranged attack can be a plague if you’re unlucky (unconsciousness and the like are no joke if you’re stuck in a bunch of rats).
- Small Spider: A group of these can quickly web and ranged attack your whole party, but don’t despair – they usually don’t do much damage and you can kill them one by one. Even if the fight takes long, if you’re not seriously wounded, just run into the group of spiders and melee them down one by one. They rarely have more than 20 hp and will go down really quickly. If you’re wounded though, make sure to lure them around an edge so that not many of the group can attack you.
See you next time with a Video,
Have fun gaming!