…where our party meets Burz, the Monastery shopkeeper and has a nice chat with him.
Also: Getting to the next level of the Monastery, killing some Higardi and meeting a mysterious stone statue of a bearded man.
Nothing trolling us this time. Just rolling along enjoying life and doing damage. Refining our tactics, beating “shit” up.
Have fun gaming,
until next time
Hi guys – for your convenience I’ve now made a playlist of the speedrun so you can just watch and chill if you’re in the mood!
I’ll update the Playlist as I upload Videos, so if you want, you can just check that link from time to time and follow the game like that 🙂
Have fun gaming
…where we find another ton of Noxious (and other) Slimes, Seekers (which we eliminate easily) and run in circles until we finally feel strong enough to confront the Big Bug Boss Gregor.
Also: Me telling you about all the time you can waste (joyfully) in Wizardry 8 if you try to play this game defensively (and successful).
Tactics against Seekers – live again.
And Grim Gregor. The Mighty Menace. The fearsomest foe I could imagine in the Monastery. Will we survive?
Have fun gaming,
see you around,
In the 2nd Video we learned three things:
You will massively improve the combat abilities of your party if you
- Attack the opponent with the lowest hitpoints first (if all opponents are similar)
- Maneuver your party into edges or doorways to make the opponents come to you one by one.
- Distribute items like healing pots to the people who will most likely need them in the coming combats.
Also, a good start for an optimal tactical structure is this:
Key elements of these tactics:
- leave the front row open
- put your melee fighters in the left / middle / right places with the most sturdy ones left and right as they are most exposed
- put people with long range melee weapons in the middle, as they can attack left / right and middle then – short range melee weapon wielders would only be able to attack the middle then
- put your sturdy short range melee guys left / right, so they can at least attack on one side + at the middle
- put your more fragile characters like mages, rangers, or a gadgeteer in the back
See you soon with another video, happy gaming to you!
…where the party experiences a massive slaughtering of lots of rats, bats and slimes in the lower parts of the Monastery (and avoids getting slaughtered – yet) and all of the girls (and the guy) gain massive experience (and thus level up).
Also: A live introduction to basic Wizardry 8 tactics.
It might need some time still as YouTube Servers seem to not react quickly atm. Some re-production will also be done later because of that delay.
Have fun and hopefully see you around!
If you have any suggestions for me to try or to explain – write a comment anywhere on the Thoughtful Gaming pages.