- Sentient AI Assistant +10% Research Speed, +20% Survey Speed, +30% Anomaly Research Speed – Available only late in the game with Sentient AI this leader is just excellent as a researcher and still very good as a ship captain – 10!
- Spark of Genius +10% Research Speed – Awesome and available early on. You should fire other leaders if you cannot recruit him, that’s how good he is. Don’t let him die. He is flexible and has that precious bonus on every research area – 9
- Custom AI Assistant +5% Research Speed, +10% Survey Speed, +15% Anomaly Research Speed – A flexible and good researcher and ship captain – 8
- Maniacal +5% Research Speed – Early on, you could still fire some people with only expertise or even worse generic traits like eager, resilient or adaptable over him. A good and flexible researcher! – 7
- Expertise: X 10% Research Speed for a special area. May be better or worse for your strategy. You should swap these guys often to leverage their benefit, then they are your “standard” and OK pick for a lab rat. You may prefer to give them a little experience training by a period as a survey ship captain first. – 5
- Adaptable +15% Experience Gain or Resilient living 25 years longer – Personally I prefer Resilient but that depends if your species is already living longer or not. If you know what you’re doing, you can level up your scientists quickly so both traits are not really trump cards as they are there instead of a better one – 4
- Eager – Pick this one if you’re bleeding for a leader and have no clue how to get more influence at the moment, otherwise go for better picks. – 3
Research Ship Captains
- Careful -10% Anomaly Research Fail Risk / Meticulous +10% Higher Chance to find an anomaly. It’s hard to make a choice which one is better. They’re both not “the” trump cards but pretty good! – 7
- Archaeologist +50% Anomaly Research Speed and -25% Anomaly Research Fail Risk only for Ancient Civilization Anomalies – a very good choice still, but sometimes it’s difficult to find out if it’s an Ancient Civilization Anomaly or not, so harder to leverage – 6
- Carefree +35% Anomaly Research Speed / Roamer +25% Survey Speed – Good for specialized roles. If you want to start colonies quickly, that Roamer can be pretty great. Same goes for carefree if you’re eager to get a research boost by an anomaly – 5
- Adaptable / Resilient we already had these, they have no special benefits but are OK to choose if nothing else is there – 4
- Eager – If you need a ship captain at a cheap price instantly, pick an eager guy who’s only 2/3 of the price of a good guy. – 3
Disabled the comments section due to tons and tons and more tons of spam. Would be interested in your thoughts and feedback and your own ranking of course, please give it to me on my YouTube channel or the Social Media!
Happy Gaming to you! 🙂 Also, preparing a Starter Research Guide which will be added to the Starting Help Playlist soon ™!
Your Immanuel Can
P.S.: The Playlist if you’re interested: