Got a bad case of the flu, so cannot update at the moment.
Hi there 🙂 Wanted to have all the news for Europa Universalis IV Dev Diaries for the 1.25 Update in one place, for you (and also me) to look things up and to enjoy the development.
Organization: First You see the Playlist (Newest Video first), then the Dev Diaries for the 1.25 Update from latest to first with Video / Summary / Original Dev Diary Link
Have fun watching and happy gaming 🙂
Playlist (Newest First)
Rule Britannia! British Isles Immersion Pack announced 🙂
You can already pre-order the promising thing – what do you get for the 10 Euro / Dollars / ..?
- New Missions for the British Isles and also states like Wales that might come up if England breaks
- Industrial Revolution: Coal – you’ll be able to use highly developed industries in your highly developed provinces with the help of coal – a hidden and very powerful resource that will replace some of the original resources the land had, leading to an empire-wide boost of 5% production
- Innovativeness: You get rewards for being the first at ideas and techs and this reduces ALL of your power costs and army and navy tradition decay. But if you fall back, this value dwindles – so better stay on top!
- Naval Doctrine: Adopt a general strategy for your fleets, giving you bonuses to ship maintenance, trade power or battle performance.
- Anglicanism / Anglican Church: A new Protestant faith can appear in England with unique bonuses and abilities, among them a +50% bonus to Innovativeness
- Knowledge Sharing: Help or get helped with the spread of institutions in alliances or for your subjects – for the price of 10% of the receiving party’s income.
- Trade Steering: Force your defeated enemies to have their traders push their trade – and profit – your way.
There’s also some extras. Fredman’s Epistles are bundled with the… NO. There’s new music by the great Paradox composers fitting to the content, also, there’s a new Unit Pack for the British Isles, with plenty of uniforms, among them also Irish nations, Northumberland nations or Cornwall even 🙂
So, good news 🙂 – Here you’ll find the Official Announcement and the Pre-Order Page.
Dev Diary 6th of February 2018 Innovativeness & Knowledge Sharing
In the upcoming Immersion Pack, Rule Britannia, we will have even more and fresh MECHANICS, too!
Gets increased by +2 for every idea or tech you’re first in and by 0.005 per month when you’re ahead of time.
Rewards are scaling: At 100 Innovativeness (cap), your power cost for anything is reduced by 10% and your Army / Navy Tradition decay is changed by -1%.
England is OP: The new Anglican Faith will boost your Innovativeness Gain by +50%!
If you’re falling behind and receive neighbour bonuses though, your Innovativeness goes away by -0.03 per month.
- Knowledge Sharing
For 10% of your income, you can beg an alliance partner to share their knowledge with you for 10 years, spreading the missing Institutions “in the area where their capital is situated” by +1 per month.This is done so that Tall Empires make (more) sense technologically and can become world leaders in technology. It would be hard to do it outside of Europe, though 🙂
Dev Diary 30th of January 2018 Anglican Church, Industrialization (Coal!) and Smiling Countries 🙂
TLDR Summary: In the upcoming Immersion Pack we will get the option to choose the Anglican Church with England in the time of the Reformation with unique actions resembling that of the Papacy (plus divorces!). Also, coal gets added as a hidden resource, unlocked with Admin Tech 21 and Enlightenment – its manufactory gives an empire-wide boost to trade!
Also, country names can span over water when it makes sense, to make the names more beautiful (and readable) 🙂
Dev Diary 23rd of January 2018 Missions!
TLDR Summary: In addition to the usual quests, we get missions like in Hearts of Iron 4. You’ll be able to go certain mission paths, unlocking more missions of different directions on the map or in the gameplay but they are not mutually exclusive: Over the course of the game, you can complete all of them. This is part of the free Update and specific for every country in the game. It really looks VERY promising 🙂
Dev Diary 16th of January 2018 Ireland Galore! Also Scotland, England, Wales, France, Burgundy and the Low Countries reworked.
TLDR Summary: Ireland gets a complete rework with lots of new independent kingdoms and own national ideas. Scotland, England and Wales have had some provinces reworked and added, Scotland being buffed a bit as well as the English provinces on the continent (development-wise). France gets a province and development rework. Burgundy as well, as well as a new inland centre of trade (Dijon). The Low Countries around the Netherlands and such get more provinces and development to show their high economic power. Very cool to have some of the “original” content reworked so thoroughly!